Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kraken Laptop Skin

Out of all the creatures of the deep the octopus has always been the most interesting and mysterious to me. Their ability to change texture shape and colour astounds me. I decided to base a laptop skin cover on one of the deeps larger than life animals, the octopus or the mythological version "Kraken".

These are the steps that I took to achieve my final design...


1
Radial Gradient to create some depth in my scene.
2
Adding a jellyfish background to add a little texture and interest
3
Played around with some spot colours in watery hues
4
Added a "target" shape to draw the eye to the center
5
Added wind effect to outer circle and applied a glow effect over top
6
Radial splash applied at 40% opacity with a blue outer glow
7
Enlarged and rotated splash at 100% opacity 
8
Started some under painting and placement
9
Added underpainting detail in green and purple
10
Overlaid octopus drawing with an inner glow and placed final Die line 

No comments:

Post a Comment