Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ocean Design

Driftwood is wood that has been washed up onto a beach or shore line from the ocean. I thought what better texture to use as my background in my designs... 

Here are some inspirations I will be using for colour and textural qualities.

Also both Ryden and Kawasaki have a beautiful way of depicting woman, their enlarged heads and eyes give them a sense of innocence and creepiness that I am looking for. I have chosen a Gorgon as my Ocean Piece.
woodpaintings2
Ryden- Enlarged head and Texture Inspiration

ColourInspiration
James Jean Colour Inspiration

Here is a rough sketch of what I want my Gorgon to look like, I haven't added any details to the snakes as I plan to do that digitally. This is a rough guide for general proportion and overall look.


GorgonSketch1
Gorgon Sketch 1

I also wanted to post my canvas set up. I don't do a lot of digital painting and so I thought the best way to start would be by "mixing" some colours I intend on using and laying them out, as I would with real paint. Also I set up my surf template on my wood texture.


Setting up DigitalCanvas
Digital Painting Set up

It Begins...

Here is some work in progress...!!


WorkInProgress
Work in Progress 1
Work in Progress 2
Work in Progress 2

Final Digital Painting
Added Texture 

No comments:

Post a Comment