Monday, March 11, 2013

Wild Paint


Recently I've done a couple paintings that required a lot of detail and fine lines. The amount of control needed made me feel like taking more breaks than I thought. For this painting "Wild" I decided I wouldn't just paint a wild subject but go wild with paint. Something that looks like there was no control required and colours were unlimited. I decided to go with a Lion face and this is what I came out with...




wild
Wild Thing
This is the process I went through to arrive at my final Painting...




IMG247
super loose guide of face
IMG248
Random colour layout

IMG249
shaping the face with colour, warm and light foreground... cool and dark background.
IMG251
Going a little more uncontrolled with medium
Screen shot 2013-04-14 at 1.01.14 PM
Scanned image and fixed eye proportion on photoshop

1 comment: